Your wedding day...
Let us help make your special day one to remember
- Elmwood Garden is a centrally located, attractive art deco building set in picturesque gardens.
- Elmwood is a private venue with ample parking
- Elmwood features two function areas - the Banquet Room and the Ballroom, both on ground level and linked by a large central foyer.
- Elmwood are professionals and have a reputation for fine food and excellent service.
- We also have extensive experience in catering at other venues, so you choose – your place or ours.
- We offer a one to one consultation with our Functions Administrator.
- Private viewing of venue, by appointment.
- A professional food and beverage team to look after you and your guests.
- Rectangular tables that seat 8 per table.
- All crockery, cutlery and glassware (when we are providing beverage service)
- Your choice of black or white linen tablecloths.
- Your choice of serviette colour(s) and style or linen napkins.
- Cake table, knife and gift table.
- You are welcome to provide your own table and room decorations.
- Sound system with microphones for background music and speeches.
- Portable dance floor available.
- Off-street parking.
- Bar facilities.
- Device compatible sound system for hire.
- No room hire for Wedding Dinners held at Elmwood Garden.
- If any of your guests have special dietary requirements please advise us - we are happy to cater for their needs.
- If dining from the main menu the following special children’s pricing applies –
- Children 2 years and under – no charge
- Children 3-11 years – Half price
- Children 12 and over – Full price
- When we out-cater a dinner at your venue we provide all the necessary equipment, crockery, cutlery, tablecloths, serviettes and food and beverage staff to service your wedding.
Bookings - Terms & Conditions
- TENTATIVE BOOKINGS – We recommend that you make a tentative booking as soon as you decide to engage our services in order to secure your preferred date. However should we receive interest from other clients for the same date, we will require confirmation and deposit immediately.
- BOOKING CONFIRMATION – A Booking Deposit of $300.00 (which will be deducted off your account) is required to confirm your booking at Elmwood Garden. This is payable at least three months prior to your wedding. All details regarding your Wedding must be confirmed at least one month prior.
- CONFIRMATION OF NUMBERS ATTENDING is required at least three days prior to the function. The number confirmed at this time will be the basis for charging for your function. This number is not subject to reduction and last minute increases will be charged for accordingly.
- PRICING - All prices quoted are current and inclusive of GST. Please note prices are subject to review in August each year.
- SURCHARGE – Extra charges may apply for functions scheduled on Public Holidays. Extra labour charges may apply if your Wedding extends beyond midnight prior to a Public Holiday.
- PAYMENT – An invoice will be issued the Monday following your function with payment in full is due 20th of the month following invoice date.
- An OUT-CATERING FEE applies for catering at other venues in and around Invercargill (see bottom of menus). This fee is dependent on a number of variables such as venue location, final menu selection, guest numbers, set up costs, staff travelling time and vehicle running. We are happy to offer a firm quote once all variables are confirmed.
- INSURANCE - Elmwood will take all necessary care but accepts no responsibility for damage or loss of property left on the premises during or after functions. Clients will be responsible for any damage sustained to the venue by them or their guests.
- COMPLIANCE – Clients will be responsible to ensure orderly behaviour of their guests. Elmwood reserves the right to intervene and eject any objectionable or intoxicated persons. Due to liquor licensing laws, no beverage or food may be brought into or taken away from Elmwood by any party.